Thursday, September 14, 2006

Walk With Me

What does God really want of us? We focus so much on what God wants us to be, what He wants us to do, but we focus to narrowly. First - What does God want me to be? HIS. It is not that He primarily wants me to be a pastor, missionary, teacher - God wants me to belong to Him. If I will focus a little more on relationship the other things will fall in line. Second - What does God want me to do? Walk with Him. God is calling us to a journey, the journey is the blessing. We are taught to be goal oriented. Like my Dad on vacation. The goal was to get "there." Mom wanted to stop along the way, but Dad was afraid we would not get "there." God wants me to enjoy the journey. I will get "there" as I walk with Him, and I do not even have to know where "there" is. I am trying more and more to learn to hear God's voice that says "Walk with me a little while and see what happens."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark King said...

Hey Steve....to make this comment I had to create a blog spot also. So, I have one called The Amazing Ride (http://theamazingride.blogspot.com). I will be sure to keep an eye on your writings and I would certainly like the opportunity to bounce some stuff off of ya'.

Later....Mark

6:30 PM  
Blogger Steve Young said...

Mark,
Thanks alot. I have a blog because I too wanted to coment on another persons. I already was thinking of it so went ahead. Please, bounce away. I really believe that "iron sharpens iron."
Praying for You

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home