Sunday, September 17, 2006

His Church

I started a series of Revival Services at FBC in Hartford, Arkansas. If you do not know anything about Hartford, look in the Baptist Hymnal at the name of the tune to Victory in Jesus. There was a time when Hartford was the home of Gospel Music. That was just a little history lesson.
As I preached in this church today, fellowshipped with the people, ate with them, spent the afternoon with their pastor, Dr. Tom Harris, I realized again what a great gift the church is to us. FBC is not a mega church, or even a big church, but it is a great church because it is Christ's. I really enjoyed being with people I had never met. What a privilege it is to be a part of a local church. I listened to a man's testimony at lunch. He had lost his wife a few years ago in an auto accident. He is now the single dad of three teenagers, but there were tears in his eyes as he spoke of his church family and how they ministered to him. Lord Jesus, thank You for Your Church and help me to be a better part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home