Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Got Jesus?

Do you ever get the Spiritual blahs, or am I the only one? There are times when I just seem a little dry. I am reminded of the Gospel account of Mary and Joseph losing Jesus. How did they do it? Where did they do it?

They lost him during a very Spiritual time (passover) at a very Spiritual place (Temple). That reminds me that doing Spiritual "stuff" is not a replacement for walking with God. As a pastor I am at the church building a lot, almost everyday. I read the Bible and pray everyday, but often times working on messages, etc. Activity is not Spirituality. How did they lose Jesus? They were too casual with Him and spent one day without Him. They assumed He was there when He wasn't. How often do we assume His presence and we spend a little time without Him. We need to be conscious of intentionally walking with Jesus.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Michael said...

Enjoying the blog, Steve, especially your gift for brevity, which isn't something I do well!

Stephen Leach
Sharps Corner

12:35 PM  
Blogger Steve Young said...

Thanks Stephen,
Having served in the West (but nothing as remote as Sharps) I know how sometimes you just need to talk, I also know how sometimes you need some of "iron sharpens iron" and I hope maybe I can provide a little of that for you. Praying that you have a good day tomorrow.
Steve

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home