Friday, January 23, 2009

SETTLING IN

Well, I guess we are starting to settle in a little to life in Montana. After a few weeks of moderate temps, today it is 6 degrees and lightly snowing. On the progress front, we did park the car in the garage! We are still kind of dealing with putting 2,000+ square feet into about 900, but it is getting better.

Marla had her first job interview at the State. Keep praying. If she gets one of those jobs, it will be a great help in the area of health insurance. It will also help us move to a larger place.

Yesterday I went to my first meeting with the Treasure State Baptist Association. We were in Three Forks, which is the head waters of the Missouri River. TSBA is a very large (land wise) Association of mostly smaller churches, but with a vision for impacting the world. It was good to ride with Sam and Mike, two Helena area pastors and get to know them a little.

On Sunday there were several visitors in the service. One couple spoke with me after the service. He is originally from Booneville, AR and she is from Little Rock. What a shock to meet someone who had actually been on Sawyer-Wright Field in Waldron!

Next week I'll post a picture or two. Be checking in.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have actually been to a TSBA meeting at Three Rivers. I did a learning lab with Dave Howeth a couple of years ago and spent a couple of days in Helena and around. Glad to see you're settling in. Maybe we can do some mission work together some time.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Steve Young said...

Thanks for checking in Dale, actually talked about you yesterday. One of the guys I rode with is Mike Hyatt. He grew up in Worland, knew Dale Noska and Bro Clyde.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, Marla,and Benjamin,glad you're settling in.We can't wait to see you. Tell Benjamin we'll bring"Linna's pudge".You'll have to tell him what that is and how he climbed up the cabinets to get it after you hid it!We are going to drive up as soon as we have a decent driving weekend. See you soon. Linda and David

11:04 AM  
Blogger Steve Young said...

Linda and David,

We are looking forward to seeing you guys. Thought about trying to meet up last week, Benjamin was out for MLK Day, but we were just too tired to take off. Andrew is coming in march for his Spring Break. I don't think Benjamin will need much reminding about "linna's pudge."

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good, let us know anytime. I found Andew on fb. You can see all about us on my site... 43 pics of family!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve and Marla,
Andrew gave me this site. I was on FB and talked to him and asked if ya'll facebooked and he said no but you had the blogger site. I've enjoyed reading and glad to hear you are getting settled. I'm praying for Marla's job prospects. We miss you! I cant imagine that cold. Shivering just saying -18 degrees! Connie Crotts

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home