Monday, March 30, 2009

HOW GREAT IS GOD

The choir of South Hills Baptist Fellowship will be singing next Sunday morning a musical titled "HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD." This last Saturday we were able to get outside the church walls and sing at two different retirement facilities. We will be singing at 2 or 3 others as well. We have witnessed an example of our Great God this month.

One month ago at a quarterly business meeting it was moved that we pay off our building. We owed about $25,000 and had about $29,000 in the general fund. (This would be awesome because a year or so ago the church owed about $100,000.) After discussion we decided to take a month to pray and listen to God. During the month we also promoted a special offering for the building. One of the reason some were hesitant was because they wanted to have a cushion in the general fund. Well, let me tell you about yesterday!!! After one month of praying, listening, and obeying we voted to pay off the balance. Now South Hills Baptist Fellowship is debt free, AND (are you ready) there is MORE in the general account than there was one month ago!!! How Great Is Our God! He is greater than I can ever comprehend. The problem is not the Greatness of our God, but the weakness of our faith.

My prayer is God - increase our faith. Your economy does not have recession. You own it all, all the time. Teach us to trust you more so we can declare to the world "HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark King said...

Wow! God is so awesome. I can not tell you the number of times in my family's life that His checkbook has "out figured" mine. It does not make sense to the common man. However, I am a walking witness to the fact it works.

I thank God for you and your church's faithfulness. Spread that around, would you?

In His Service,
Mark King

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Linda Cobb said...

Steve, we do have an awesome God. I started tithing the next Sunday after I was saved if I remember right. I was 12 years old and Daddy gave my sister and I a 50 cent allowance each week. I gave God a nickle. I have tithed ever since and God has amazed me over the years. He always gives me back more than I ever give Him. It is not always money but one time it was new uniforms when I needed them. I went to the store asking God to show me what I needed if it was His will but I walked out with nothing and gave thanks anyway to God. The next day one of my clients ask me if I would be offended if she gave me some new uniforms she had and couldn't use. She had no idea that I had been looking for new ones. I could tell you so many stories of how God has blessed us over the years. No we aren't rich but we sure are rich in Jesus and He has met every need these last almost 49 years of marriage and even before. To God be the glory. I am enjoying reading your blogs. May God continue to bless you and your service for Him.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home